Flow wrap machines films

ChocolateRegards
@chocolateregards
08/03/17 11:49:44AM
14 posts

Who do you use and why for your films?  I have zero experience in this area and am looking to start checking out options, thanks.

Dallas
@dallas
08/03/17 06:48:13PM
29 posts

Interested in this discussion. I recently purchased a flow wrap packaging machine and am investigating my options with regard to film. 

Clay Gordon
@clay
08/05/17 02:41:20PM
1,680 posts

ChocolateRegards:

Who do you use and why for your films?  I have zero experience in this area and am looking to start checking out options, thanks.

The kind of film you use depends a lot on what you're wrapping. Chocolate bars require different barrier properties than baked goods to. If you are buying you flow wrapper from a reputable source then they should be able to advise - or put you in touch with a manufacturer who can discuss your needs and recommend options. 

Here is a link to a page discussing some common film types.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 08/05/17 02:42:27PM
ChocolateRegards
@chocolateregards
08/05/17 04:20:17PM
14 posts

I will take a look at the links.  I have access to a horizontal flow wrapper that has been given to my generous supporter.  But we are both without background or connections to sources of film; can't get past (so far) the mantra that there are sources out there which can provide the right wrap for my hi quality chocolate.  It's such a new and alien planet to me  and I can't seem to come up with key words to track down this type of film described to me.  I don't know if I would recognize it in an image.  It's a new language.

Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
08/08/17 08:41:58AM
132 posts

Hello,

I would recommend contact Eugene Rivera at Quality Bags, Inc in Addison, Illinois. He knows everything about film and he can advise you on the perfect film for your product. Their website is www.qbifilms.com . Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Clay Gordon
@clay
08/08/17 12:13:22PM
1,680 posts

Daniel Herskovic:

Hello,

I would recommend contact Eugene Rivera at Quality Bags, Inc in Addison, Illinois. He knows everything about film and he can advise you on the perfect film for your product. Their website is www.qbifilms.com . Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Daniel - thanks for providing this recommendation. The web site is a little challenging to navigate so I think calling is the faster alternative. You've used them?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
08/08/17 12:16:54PM
132 posts

Clay,

Yes, I have used them. I work with them ovet the phone and not email. They do provide their film for us and we have had great results. Prior to them, I was very frustrated with our flow wrapper and film. Changing film soved all of our problems. You can also order excellent film from overseas, but this is the domestic source and this is a great way to get started. Thanks!

ChocolateRegards
@chocolateregards
08/08/17 12:24:07PM
14 posts

Daniel Herskovic:

Clay,

Yes, I have used them. I work with them ovet the phone and not email. They do provide their film for us and we have had great results. Prior to them, I was very frustrated with our flow wrapper and film. Changing film soved all of our problems. You can also order excellent film from overseas, but this is the domestic source and this is a great way to get started. Thanks!

ChocolateRegards
@chocolateregards
08/08/17 12:27:37PM
14 posts

Thanks I will take a look.  

If there is a website for your products I wouldn't mind taking a look to see what you found works for you?  Does your flow wrap machine have any vacuum or gas exchange properties?  I am just learning of those things as well.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores