Small quantity of cocoa beans for sale (I want to buy)

Roger Oppenheimer
@roger-oppenheimer
03/19/13 08:58:03AM
4 posts

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a source for small quantities (less than 10 pounds) of raw cocoa beans.

So far the only place I found any is Chocolate Alchemy. Does any one know of another place that is fair priced?

Thanks!

updated by @roger-oppenheimer: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/19/13 03:53:28PM
1,680 posts

Roger:

There are many sources for cocoa beans. One I recommend is a new sponsor of TheChocolateLife - Meridian Cacao .

:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Roger Oppenheimer
@roger-oppenheimer
03/19/13 03:57:02PM
4 posts

Thanks Clay, any others you can recommend? I would like to have several in my "arsenal", to get a variety of beans to choose from.

stephen sembuya
@stephen-sembuya
03/20/13 05:30:15AM
5 posts

Hey, i can get you the 10 pounds of cocoa beans from Uganda ( East Africa) for 14 dollars. Stephen Sembuya

Dan Corson
@dan-corson
03/22/13 02:53:18PM
2 posts

You can also contact Tom Sharkey in Hawaii- Direct from the farmer. He does small orders.

(808) 895-6600

tshark@hawaii.rr.com

Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
03/22/13 04:29:39PM
58 posts

We have trinitarian cacao beans from Costa Rica :) you can contact me at daniela@chocolate-nahua.com if you're interested!

Mariana
@mariana
04/24/13 02:55:08PM
1 posts
HiI am interested in buying small quantities of cocoa beans in the ukPlease advice meRegardsMariana
Roger Oppenheimer
@roger-oppenheimer
04/26/13 09:34:00AM
4 posts

Thank you all for your help!

Imho, I would suggest that the mods make a new category specifically for those of us looking for beans to buy or sell. It would make these transactions a bit easier for all.

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/26/13 10:01:28AM
1,680 posts

Roger:

Interesting idea ... and one that I will think about some more if/as people chime in on this.

A generic "Where to Buy" category makes sense to me in a general discussion area.

There is a whole Classifieds section where an "I want to buy/sell cocoa beans" makes a lot of sense and it would be highly specific. I could close this discussion and point to one there.

A "Where to Buy Cocoa Beans" in the main discussion are seems redundant to me.

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other?

--
Gap
@gap
04/27/13 01:55:24AM
182 posts

It is of interest to me - buying small lots of cocoa beans. I saved this thread for future reference, but having it in one spot that makes more sense would be good.

Roger Oppenheimer
@roger-oppenheimer
04/27/13 07:19:21AM
4 posts

Clay, perhaps it should be a "one way" list, that is, posting only for those who have beans or a source for beans for sale. The lisiing would be updated by the providers as needed.

More like a reference thread than a discussion. Take the bean discussions to the regular posting areas.

I think it would provide a great service for sellers and buyers, win win for all.

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/28/13 12:11:41PM
1,680 posts

Roger -

It is a good idea - and it belongs in the Classifieds section.

Doing it this way requires that I "police" every post where someone asks to buy or sell beans outside that single post, point them to the correct post, and close down the one where the question is asked (unless it's a blog in which case there's nothing I can do).

I mention that because we tried to create a single "official bean-to-bar chocolate maker" thread and in the end it turned out to be too much work to force all new entries into the single "official" thread.

Blog/discussion software is not the best tool to this. If anyone has some programming skills and wants to work on some useful database tools I would be happy to work on this.

--
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
04/28/13 03:37:42PM
527 posts

If you are going to facilitate transactions between people, rather than stock the product yourself such as what John Nanci does, there should be some type of membership fee charged for this section.

I could easily write the software for this at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Brad

"due to inflation and the penny being discontinued, my two cents has now been rounded up to a nickel."

Makoto Takemiya
@makoto-takemiya
04/30/13 12:23:12AM
2 posts

Are Meridian Cacao's beans organic (if not certified, do they use pesticides, etc?). Also, are there discounts for TheChocolateLife members?

Makoto Takemiya
@makoto-takemiya
04/30/13 03:44:52AM
2 posts

Why not just make a wiki page with bean suppliers, origins, and quantities available for purchase? Wikis were created just for tasks like this.

chocolateworld.co
@chocolateworldco
07/16/17 07:20:25AM
9 posts

stephen sembuya:

Hey, i can get you the 10 pounds of cocoa beans from Uganda ( East Africa) for 14 dollars. Stephen Sembuya

chocolateworld.co
@chocolateworldco
07/16/17 07:27:09AM
9 posts

Hello Stephen, 

im Madan from Chocolate World, Mumbai. I read of your offers of Ghanaian cacao. We are a beans to bar artisan chocolatiers factory and source our single origin beans directly from the producers. 

Could you you please elaborate on the bean varietals, it's characteristics, fermentations and drying methods, volumes you produce and prices. Thanks 

you can mail me on madanpatil@hotmail.com or WhatsApp on +91 97623 50119 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores