Spray pralines with colour

docesobremesa
@docesobremesa
03/29/16 09:25:08AM
7 posts

Hi guys,

I'm an amateur who recently found his passion in chocolate making.

I've been successful at melting chocolate and making pralines, but now I would like to know how can I spray colour into the pralines... I really love that effect.

Is there an airbrush specifically designed for spraying colours? Should I mix the colour only with coccoa butter or can I also use chocolate?

Thanks.

updated by @docesobremesa: 03/29/16 09:29:04AM
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/29/16 12:07:32PM
1,680 posts

There are airbrushes specifically designed to spray colours. A good  source for information about them is Chef Rubber (www.chefrubber.com).

You use these to spray colored cocoa butter, which is quite fluid.

Generally, if you want to spray chocolate you would use a spray gun made for paint (e.g., Wagner Power Painter), or you can purchase a spray gun specifically made for chocolate (e.g., Krebs).

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
docesobremesa
@docesobremesa
03/30/16 03:37:24AM
7 posts

What do you think gives the best effect, chocolate or coccoa butter?

Is there any difference or it just deppends on the ammount of colour that I put in the misture?

KREA Swiss Food Equipment
@krea-swiss-food-equipment
03/30/16 04:40:12AM
14 posts

Hello Clay and docesobremesa,

I just want to let you know that Krebs is now KREA Swiss , but we still sell our food spray guns under the new name.

Our electric chocolate spray gun, the hotCHOC, was designed to spray heated chocolate with a misture of cocoa butter and can also be used to spray with colour. And when investing in our gun, you can also use it to do the frozen/velvet effect, final chocolate coverings, etc., and not just only to spray colour. (see pictures of clients)

If you find any interest, feel free to contact me by email at s.castro@kreaswiss.com for more technical information and a possible discount.

Wish you two a nice week.

Kind Regards,

KREA Swiss team

updated by @krea-swiss-food-equipment: 07/08/16 01:55:59PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/30/16 02:01:24PM
1,680 posts

docesobremesa:

What do you think gives the best effect, chocolate or coccoa butter?

Is there any difference or it just deppends on the ammount of colour that I put in the misture?

One effect is not better than the other, they are different.

If what you want to do is decorate a shell mold with a high-gloss sheen and air-brush/spatter pattern(s) (Norman Love is the acknowledged innovator and master at this technique) then you want to use cocoa butter.

Spraying chocolate gives you a flock/textured effect and is not normally used on confections but cakes and sculptures.

There is a total difference. You'd use uncolored cocoa butter as the first layer in the mold is going to give you a shiny surface. Them you build up the layers of color in reverse before filling the mold with chocolate to create the shell.

The more colorant you add to the cocoa butter the more opaque it becomes.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
docesobremesa
@docesobremesa
03/31/16 02:46:34AM
7 posts

Ok so it's two different effects, I'm really curious to try both.

Thank you very much, that is really great insight! Now is time to experiment and see how it works out :D

I'll keep the ammount of colorant low then, I thought it was the other way around...

KREA Swiss thank you very much for your answer. I loved the effects of your gun and I'll keep your information in mind.

Cheers.

explorer
@explorer
01/11/18 08:01:21AM
3 posts

hey docesobremesa I  was also not sure about the spray guns but I've try my friends hotchoc and I loved it so I got mine heres a picture so for everyone whos not sure about it :) 

got mine from here: https://krea-europe.com/product/hotchoc-chocolate-spray-gun/

updated by @explorer: 01/11/18 08:02:21AM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores