champagne truffles

Sally Cook
@sally-cook
12/18/13 08:31:28AM
6 posts
I am in v the middle of typical Christmas chaos and want to make a batch of Champagne truffles. I haven't tested enough recipes and don't have time to either, I want to use regular champagne , would anyone be willing to share with me their favourite recipe?Many thanks, Sally.
updated by @sally-cook: 04/12/15 01:32:36AM
Jim Dutton
@jim-dutton
12/22/13 04:29:02PM
76 posts

There have been discussions of this issue on the eGullet forum, such as this one: http://forums.egullet.org/topic/87881-chocolate-champagne/?hl=%2Bchampagne+%2Btruffle#entry1775172

The conclusion was that using champagne itself is rather difficult, and most people use marc de champagne, which according to one writer on that site is a very concentrated flavoring "gel" which pours and smells very strongly of wine.

But according to another link, Jacques Torres makes a champagne truffle, with the following description: "Jacques' Champagne Truffles, filled with Champagne Taittinger, are a mouth-watering combination of milk chocolate, fresh cream and Taittinger Brut La Franaise champagne. These champagne truffles rise above the rest due to their inclusion of real champagne. These are one of the few champagne truffles to do so."

Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
01/25/15 12:32:07PM
98 posts

Lorraine oils has a champagne oil that tastes very much like champagne -  http://shop.lorannoils.com/chocolates/super-strength-flavors

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob
@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores