Getting a delicious Cherry filling for Cherry Chocolate Bar

Wannabe Chocolatier
@wannabe-chocolatier
02/23/14 08:03:11PM
6 posts

Hi Im making a cherry coconut confection as a filling to dip it in milk chocolate to make a CHOCOLATE CHERRY BAR. I used cherry and coconut, I tried to keep my recipes as natural as possible.

I used maraschino cherries, desiccated coconut and icing sugar. I thought I will be needing some vegetable oil but no need since further grinding of the coconut release all its oil. I end up with a cherry coconut marzipan. I was expecting some difficulty on this recipe because cherry is a very tricky ingredient. I guess nothing beats the whole cherry.

Then I gave some to my best critics (family) and their comments where are following. They are really tough but that helps to only the best product goes to market.

- I dont know what it is

- What is it

- It is coconut or cherry

- It has some chemical to it

- It takes like medicine

- This one was interesting. If I bite a small piece it doesnt even tastes, if I bite a small ball it has flavor.

- It leaves a dry taste in your throat

- From one to ten , a 5

- I leave some aside at is got dry and the cherry flavor got more tasty.

As you see, the comments where as expected from a cherry filling. My question is how do I improved this recipe and keep it stable for chocolate filling. I add some rum and improved flavor , the I cook it and improved texture. I was thinking on natural flavoring . Any suggestions?

updated by @wannabe-chocolatier: 04/15/15 09:13:06AM
lailalauren
@lailalauren
04/07/17 02:01:03AM
23 posts

wow, i'll give it a try!! sounds good

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores