Commercial fudge recipes???

Marie Schorp
@marie-schorp
12/08/14 02:46:50PM
2 posts

Hi! Just opened a store a couple of months ago. We make caramel apples, chocolate-dipped everything.... We have a Savage Bros. commercial stove and copper kettle top and would like to use it to make fudge. I am having the devil's own time trying to find a basic recipe for chocolate fudge and for white fudge for commercial copper kettles. Does anyone out there have a couple of good ones to share please???

Once we have the two basics we know how to make about 20 different kinds of fudge. Our store manager is used to a Calico Cottage kettle and mix, but I do not want the extra equipment or to use mix, since we make everything else from scratch.... HELP!!! :

updated by @marie-schorp: 08/19/15 12:02:10PM
Mark Heim
@mark-heim
01/31/15 11:38:32PM
101 posts

Fudge is a grained caramel, and can have a very wide range of acceptible recipes.  Several questions determine recipes best for your use. 

How are you making the fudge, are you hand beating on a marble slab, in a creamer?

Will you form a loaf on the table to be cut, or cast into moulds or boxes?

Are you looking for ingredient restrictions?

What shelf life are you looking for?

Lynda Brent
@lynda-brent
02/08/15 09:15:34AM
11 posts

I currently also use Calico and would love to not use them and make my own from scratch.  I have a savage Brother's Firemixer 14 and make toffee and caramel but can not locate a good recipe for fudge.  I pour the fudge into 8 oz containers and loaf pans.  Any recipes to try would be greatly appreciated.

giveme153
@giveme153
09/28/16 11:25:26PM
3 posts

Lynda Brent:

I currently also use Calico and would love to not use them and make my own from scratch.  I have a savage Brother's Firemixer 14 and make toffee and caramel but can not locate a good recipe for fudge.  I pour the fudge into 8 oz containers and loaf pans.  Any recipes to try would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lynda,

I also have the Firemixer 14 and would like some commercial fudge recipes I can use instead of Calico, Did you receive any yet? thank you,

Brian

Lynda Brent
@lynda-brent
09/29/16 04:21:51PM
11 posts

Hi Brian,  I've heard nothing.  Guess no one wants to turn loose of their recipes.  I'm still using Calico.  Shipping costs are the biggest problem with them.

giveme153
@giveme153
09/29/16 06:28:47PM
3 posts

HI Lynda, I wish I had some for you also, but I have not found any yet to give. I agree, the shipping is the worst part but I think it would also be less per pound if made by a recipe also, then I can wholesale it better. I am also looking for other things to add to my line. Do you make your own caramel in your firemixer 14? or other things yet? I am looking for recipes or other things I can make in it also. Have a great day, Thank you,

Brian

Lynda Brent
@lynda-brent
09/29/16 10:13:30PM
11 posts

giveme153:

HI Lynda, I wish I had some for you also, but I have not found any yet to give. I agree, the shipping is the worst part but I think it would also be less per pound if made by a recipe also, then I can wholesale it better. I am also looking for other things to add to my line. Do you make your own caramel in your firemixer 14? or other things yet? I am looking for recipes or other things I can make in it also. Have a great day, Thank you,

Brian

Hi Brian,  Email me and we can talk about what I've accomplished for Caramel.

colocandies@hotmail.com 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores