Cheese and Chocolate -- shelf life?

Jennifer Thamer
@jennifer-thamer
03/18/10 12:39:55AM
15 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a soft cheese filling for a dark chocolate -- I know it may sound odd -- but was curious if others had tried the combination and had any insight into its shelf life? Thanks so much! Jenny

updated by @jennifer-thamer: 05/18/15 07:18:55AM
Jeff
@jeff
03/18/10 10:22:18AM
94 posts
be careful. if its pure cheese its gonna spoil very very fast at room temp. if its an emulsion of chocolate, cheese, glucose you will get better shelf life.
Brendan
@brendan
03/18/10 03:31:43PM
21 posts
I have used triple-creme cheese as if it were butter with great success. If you never use butter in your existing ganaches, try some experimentation. You might end up playing around a little with your formula to get the texture right, but if your regular ganaches are stable, these will be too.
Chris6
@chris6
03/22/10 10:48:43PM
6 posts
I did a Blueberry Gouda filled dark chocolate. Its shelf life was about 16 days. I played around and added some Pot Sorbate to a few, and that pushed the shelf life to about 22-23 days, but I decided to nix the additive when I took the product to market.
Heather Bergman
@heather-bergman
08/09/12 12:49:56PM
2 posts

Hi Chris,

were your initial blueberry gouda's (by the way -YUUUMMMMM) straight up bits of cheese enrobed with tempered chocolate? Have you found if single or double dipping makes them any more impervious to fat bloom?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores