Cocoa mill

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
03/28/15 10:23:37PM
61 posts

Any recommendation of machines to grind cocoa, before placing it in the Melanger that is not too expensive?

thanksss

updated by @mariano-garcia: 04/09/15 06:17:30AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
03/31/15 01:44:45PM
754 posts

Can you give a sense of what you consider to be 'not too expensive' and the quantities that you're looking to mill?

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
04/01/15 11:17:19PM
61 posts

Hello Sebastian, I recommended a colloid mill but the price is 5000 dollars.

I need to grind 40 kilos per day

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/02/15 06:25:38AM
754 posts

You might want to consider a JML colloid mill (JML 65 is the smaller one, JML 120 is the larger). Both will require EXTENSIVE cleaning when you recieve them, but are quite effective at a lower cost than $5k ($1.5-3.0k).

The water cooling will be important to ensure you don't burn your liquor during grinding.

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
04/02/15 03:56:27PM
61 posts

Thanks sebastian, this mill is Chinese?

I see you know a lot of chocolate, I started with this issue about 7 months ago.

I can ask you a question?

I have doubts at the time of placement of the ingredients, Nibs, cocoa butter, sugar and milk.

You know the order and times?

sebastian many thanks and sorry so many questions!

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/02/15 05:04:10PM
754 posts

It is Chinese.  I've had very good luck with it, but it will arrive very dirty.

Order of ingredients can vary greatly depending on what equipment you have and what you're trying to do.  If you're using a wet grinder (the stone mill), add your liquor, dry ingredients, and perhaps some cocoa butter (it's difficult for me to say w/o knowing the exact formulation - youll need enough cocoa butter to keep it fluid during mixing).  Always add lecithing if you choose to use it towards the end of the process.

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
04/02/15 05:57:09PM
61 posts

if two wheels mill stone.

process lasts 12 hours, I would add the crushed cocoa butter and then sugar and milk. but especially at the beginning. this also correct?

Lecithin is it for?

thanks Sebastian!

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/02/15 08:41:32PM
754 posts

yes.  lecithin makes the chocolate 'thinner' (more like water when you pour it - less viscuous) - it's a way to use less cocoa butter and make the chocolate easier to work with.  It's an emulsifier.

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
04/07/15 12:46:59AM
61 posts

thankss Sebastiann!

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/07/15 06:52:23AM
754 posts

de nada!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores