Cocoa plantation. Samoa

anneke white
@anneke-white
04/09/14 04:04:16AM
2 posts

Talofa, Hi, I was wondering if any of you wonderful chocolate gurus know where I can take my husband and 4 young children (who really want to see a 'chocolate tree'!) on a cocoa plantation tour on the island of Upolu, Samoa. I have been reading how Samoa used to grow the best cocoa beans in the world, yet I cant find any information at samoan tourism sites etc. Would greatly appreciate any knowledge on this, and we happy to pay for a tour. Thanks for any help in this matter,

Yours Kindly,

Anneke White

updated by @anneke-white: 04/15/15 08:23:28PM
Nichole Warner
@nichole-warner
04/09/14 10:17:14AM
5 posts

You could contact Dandelion Chocolate at info@dandelionchocolate.com

They were there pretty recently for a sourcing trip so may have suggestions for you.

anneke white
@anneke-white
04/10/14 09:43:51PM
2 posts

Thank you for you help, will do:)

Ilya Snowdon
@ilya-snowdon
07/01/15 09:29:39PM
20 posts

The cocoa is mainly grown in the family village land. 

all members of the family have there own patch of land to build a house, while the family village Land will often extend right back into the mountain were they will have what they call a plantation. I cool it a food Forrest. it will often be mixed cropping with coconuts towering into the sky and cocoa tress growing under the canape along with Bananas. And endless other types of food.

You would get the best experience if you arranged to stay in one of the family Villages.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores