ade

Continuous Temepring machine?

ade
@ade
05/14/17 02:55:56AM
3 posts
I recently joined the community here and thru the forums here i have tried tempering white and black chocolate at home. I always get my chocolate well tempered everytime. I am going into a business where i need to enrobed mini rice cakes with chocolate. I have read here about the continuous tempering machine which ensures i keep enrobing with tempered chocolate. Just before i make this expensive purchase, i need someone to help me with how these continuous tempering machines work. Do i need to still add seed chocolate to my melted chocolates in a contonuous tempering machine or does the settings melt and then cools my chocolate back to 29 degrees itself without me needing to seed? Am sorry if question is a bit naive, am new here and only started working with chocolate in the last month.
ade
@ade
05/14/17 07:30:20PM
3 posts

...or is it the case that I will still seed and that the tempering machine just helps keep the temperature at 29 degrees to ensure over crystallization doesn't happen and that I continue to work with tempered chocolate?

Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
05/15/17 02:31:06PM
191 posts

Continuous tempering machines draw from a bowl of melted, untempered chocolate and then temper it through cooling and then heating. The result is that tempered chocolate comes out of the depositing head. No seed is necessary.

ade
@ade
05/15/17 02:40:09PM
3 posts

Thanks for that response Ben. Wasn't too sure at first but now that I know, will go for one of them. Will look thru the list here as I see many names have been mentioned severally here. 

Tags