Looking to purchase three dimensional chocolates - similar is taste and style to what Christopher Norman produced

BartBasi
@bartbasi
05/23/15 07:33:07PM
5 posts

Hi,

I'm not sure how to be clear on what I'm looking for - we used to buy some chocolate from Christopher Norman; his pieces were large (3-4 bites per piece).  They were serious and beautiful and whimsical all at the same time.

I'm not looking for anyone to duplicate what he did - just looking to buy some chocolate pieces that are large, cool, interesting.

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the best sellers from him we used to stock.

Pictures are pretty far blown up and don't do justice to the pieces.  The pears are 3x the weight of a typical Norman Love piece of candy; the dark chocolate pears were filled with a ganache flavored with poir william liquor, and the white pears were filled with a different ganache; amazing foil between the two.  The shine was stunning - very impressive.

The espresso cups were life size; the chocolate shell was wonderful, the cup itself was filled with a hazelnut coffee chocolate ganche and the crema part was filled with a light orange white chocolate ganache.  Really stunning, large pieces.

He also did Meyer Lemons (about 1/2 to 2/3 life size).

So I am looking for pieces in this size range (2-4 bites per piece), of this quality (top notch, strong temper, great shine, sharp crack, quality chocolate). 

I am very happy with the "regular" chocolates we carry - I'm just looking to fill the gap left when Christopher Norman closed; it was a nice high end line for me.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bart

updated by @bartbasi: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM

Tags