WTB- Refiner & Transformer- South Korea

Katherine Gandy
@dame-cacao
05/16/17 02:05:32AM
2 posts

Greetings!

TL;DR: need a new small-batch refiner & heavy duty Korean to American transformer.

I currently live in the ROK, and I've been waiting for my parents to mail me my small-batch chocolate-making machinery (a Premiere Wonder Grinder & a Behmor 1600+ roaster) from the US. But we decided not to send the wonder grinder & just look for a similar machine here in Korea, instead, but I have had absolutely no luck finding machines that run on 60hz & 220v, as machines here do. I've been looking for something under $300 and which has a capacity of 2-10 lbs, and I couldn't spend too much more than that, though it does have to be compatible with Korean electricity output since it'll be on for 2 days at a time.

On top of that, my transformer started smelling like burnt plastic after I tried to use the roaster with it. It seemed like it'd be fine since I had been using my American espresso machine with it for the last few months with no problems, and the roaster also only runs for about 30 minutes at a time. So now I'm in need of a new refiner/concher & super strength transformer. Unfortunately, Japanese machines would not work since their voltage & hertz output are different. The transformer just blew yesterday, when I was trying to roast a test batch of coffee to make sure the roaster functioned well here, so I can keep searching for that. But the refiner has been a month of intermittent searching in the making, and I seem to be no closer than before.

For a year back in the US, I was making chocolate with these machines, and everything was fine... and now I've been in Korea for about 8 months and this warm weather has got me itching to get back into chocolate-making. Please help!! Any helpful tips or links or tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Best,

Max

updated by @dame-cacao: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores