Where can I purchase wholesale chocolate in Florida?

Lisa - Girasole Chocolate
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
05/02/10 08:53:23AM
24 posts

Hi Everyone!

I have a question that has probably been asked a million times but I can't locate the answer on this forum. Does anyone know where I can purchase wholesale chocolate in the TampaBay Florida area? I am also willing to have my chocolate shipped but I can find only one or two websites to compare prices. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

updated by @lisa-girasole-chocolate: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Kerry
@kerry
05/02/10 09:33:09PM
288 posts
Try Qzina - here is the location informationQzina Miami (US headquarters)1726 W. Atlantic BlvdPompano Beach, FLUSA 33069Tel: 954-590-4000Toll Free: 1-800-532-5269Fax: 954-975-5421diegoa@qzina.com

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
05/02/10 10:41:38PM
53 posts
Are you looking for bulk or retail packaged bars? What brands are you interested in? I sell Amano, Amedei, Pralus, Patric, Valrhona and Domori in bulk and retail. In either case I would be happy to provide you with a price list. We are based in Utah, but have shipping down to a science. It would not cost much to ship it there. Give me your email address if you are interested and I will send you a price list.ThanksMatt Caputo
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
05/04/10 06:05:24AM
24 posts
Thank you so much for the info. I will check them out today.Lisa
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
05/04/10 07:25:22AM
24 posts
Matt,Thank you for the info. I will contact you soon.Lisa
Christopher Taylor
@christopher-taylor
05/14/10 06:09:32PM
6 posts
LisaI live up the road from you in Valrico, FL and am a consultant to the chocolate industry - having been Head of Corp. R&D for Jacobs Suchard in Switzerland for 9 years and worked for a major engineering company in the industry.To be honest - the only places that you may be able to buy chocolate is from Vahlrona in France or Max Felchlin, Switzerland.Guittard is the only North American Manufacturer that may supply small quantities. Even Schokinag that was doing this (not especially good quality) has been bought by ADM.It is coming to the point that you need to make your own, but even that has its difficulties - depends on how much you need per day.if you e-mail me at ctaylor1@tampabay.rr.com I will call you (anytime).RegardsChris Taylor
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
05/17/10 04:51:01AM
24 posts
Thanks Chris, I'll be in touch soon.Lisa
Clay Gordon
@clay
05/17/10 08:12:51AM
1,680 posts
Assuming that you wish to purchase couverture for using to make confections (and not bars to sell) you will want to talk with either the importer or the local distributor.So - think of the brands you want to use, look them up on the web site, contact them and find out who the local distributor is. In many cases working with the local distributor is going to be easier for you. For example, you might get better prices by going direct to Guittard but they have a 500 lb minimum order. You might get your local distributor to match that price by giving them the business - they may qualify for larger discounts based on bigger order volume.The importer for Felchlin is Swiss Chalet Fine Foods ( www.scff.com ) down in Miami. They have an 800# so give them a call and ask for the name of the rep who handles your area. Keep in mind that Felchlin makes more than just its Grand Cru line. There are other, less expensive, lines that you can consider.I know the name of the national sales manager for Guittard, but again you want a local rep. Go to the Guittard web site ( www.guittard.com ) for the 800# and ask for the name of the rep in your area.There's been some success lately with TCHO's PRO line. They mostly sell direct but call them and ask.Another reason to consider going with an American-made chocolate is that you don't have to worry about fluctuations in the exchange rate. Right now the Pound and the Euro are down from their heights six months ago, but prices have really not fallen as companies are trying to retain their margins.Cluizel's US organization is at www.noble-ingredients.com .Barry Callebaut is in Pensauken, NJ and the phone number can be found on this page at www.barry-callebaut.com . B-C has not only the Callebaut line but Cacao Barry and Carma, and others.Qzina is a multi-line distributor - they carry Callebaut, Valrhona, and others. Th Qzina website is very badly designed and hard to navigate, so it may be best to give them a call. However, they do have a national footprint.I would recommend contacting Matt Caputo if you haven't already ... I always recommend giving business to ChocolateLife members wherever possible - plus we've been having some fascinating offline conversations and he's a great guy and I think you'd enjoy doing business with him.Finally, at this point, and with all due respect to Christopher Taylor, I don't think that making your own chocolate is where you should be thinking. It takes an entirely different skill set to make a couverture-quality chocolate (where consistent technical workability as well as flavor is important) from that required to make confections. Given some of the other questions you've been asking, my counsel would be to concentrate on what you're doing, make money, and decide later on if making your own chocolate is in your future. If it is - we'll be here to help. It will take no less time, money, and research to find a good chocolate distributor than it will to find sources of cocoa beans.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Graziella Hediger
@graziella-hediger
06/03/10 02:36:05PM
2 posts
Hello Lisa,May I suggest the company I work for? It's Swiss Connection in Orlando at 1-800-537-9477. We are a food service distributor in Orlando with a large variety of different chocolates and ingredients. You can check out the assortment at www.leswiss.com . We ship nationwide and have no minimums. If you ever want to call and just get information, please don't hesitate. It's not always about the sale - it's about the passion for chocolate!Regards,Graziella
Claire North
@claire-north
06/06/10 08:07:23PM
13 posts
I personally use Merckens chocolate and you can buy it at D& G Occasions in Orlando and they will sell you bulk depending upon the amount of bulk chocolate you need...I have not tried anyone else simply because I LOVE their dark chocolate (not bitter) and my customers really like it too.....
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
06/07/10 08:55:38AM
24 posts
Thank you for the information...I will check them out today.Lisa
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
06/07/10 09:03:24AM
24 posts
I have a question for you....Merckens chocolate is a coating type chocolate correct? I am looking for couverture chocolate in Florida. I didn't see anythng other than Merckens on the website.Lisa
Harry Way
@harry-way
06/10/10 09:13:53PM
6 posts
You can contact Tierra Nueva in Miami Gardens. They have their own chocolate production machinery and can make a custom product for you or they have standard couvertures. http://www.tierranuevacocoa.com/site/?page_id=43
Harry Way
@harry-way
08/11/10 10:56:53AM
6 posts
You all might want to contact Tierra Nueva down in Miami, they will custom manufacture chocolate for you and they also have standard products. http://www.tierranuevacocoa.com/site/ or if you're interested you can make your own chocolate recipes starting with Liquor, sugar, etc with the NETZSCH ChocoEasy www.chocoeasy.com
@lisa-girasole-chocolate
08/14/10 11:22:20AM
24 posts
Leena and Anthony,It's so nice of you to invite me to your shop. When the weather gets nice I would love to stop by and visit. I have always wanted to open a choclate shop. I once had an antique/candle store in a quaint little town and I loved it! If only I could do the same with my chocolates. Recently I've had difficulty tempering and I'm not sure why. I was thinking of buying the Rev Delta and wonder what your thoughts are on the machine? Since you also live in Florida I know that you too deal with our humidity issues. Any thought on the subject would be appreciated. Good luck with your business and hopefully I will have the chance to stop by and say hello soon.Lisa
ralph carnesecchi
@ralph-carnesecchi
05/24/12 11:24:57AM
1 posts

TRY CHOCOSPHERE.COM

THEY SEEM TO HAVE THE TOP BRANDS... VALRHONA GRAND COUVA...if still produced.

Ralph

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores