I need some help with mint milk chocolate source

Tim Collins
@tim-collins
03/23/11 08:28:13PM
3 posts

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a source (preferably Florida or in the Southeast for shipping purposes} for mint milk chocolate. I am located in Puerto Rico and want to make mint chocolate rum balls. I was experimenting with various recipes to come up with what I felt was a great product and I did. I used Hershey's mint sticks in the experimental recipe and then the project stopped when the world blew up in 08.

Can someone help me find a source or offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Tim

updated by @tim-collins: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
holycacao
@holycacao
03/24/11 02:35:03AM
38 posts
Find a good milk chocolate, and find some peppermint oil - a few drops per kilo should do it.
Tim Collins
@tim-collins
03/24/11 08:00:17AM
3 posts

Thanks. I will look into this and see what I can find. As you can tell, I don't know anything about chocolate and knew that I could find help here.

Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
03/24/11 08:54:15AM
158 posts

Why not just use natural peppermint oil to flavor your milk chocolate? That way you don't have to buy a specialty chocolate for just one product. You could probably find it locally in PR at stores that supply the candymaking industry or hobby.

Edit: woops missed jo's post stating exactly the same! great minds and all...

Tim Collins
@tim-collins
03/24/11 09:48:37AM
3 posts
Awesome! Thanks for your reply.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores