Cocoa pods

Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
02/15/12 01:21:59AM
98 posts

Anyone know where I can get a couple of pods for display and education? Nothin on ebay so any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Dirke

updated by @dirke-botsford: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Andy Johnson
@andy-johnson
02/15/12 02:50:18PM
8 posts

Check out CHEFRUBBER.com they have cocoa pods for sale under their "CHOCOLATE" catagory.

www.chefrubber.com

Andy

Belle Fleur Chocolate

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
02/15/12 07:14:02PM
36 posts

I would be happy to ship to you fresh / dried cocoa pods in any sizes, cut, uncut, at any ripeness, subject to harvest timing. Also available are leaves, flowers, etc. I have previously shipped to Marios Skyrianides, who is another member in Cyprus.

Richard Foley
@richard-foley
02/16/12 01:07:45AM
48 posts
Qzina in Vancouver should have them or will send them from LA office to you. They have shells, beans open pods, and full dried pods. Call Ed.
Scott2
@scott2
03/17/13 04:07:39AM
2 posts

Hi Ning--

I tried fresh cocoa pods in Mexico and really enjoyed the pulp. Can you send fresh pods to the United States? How long do they last after being picked?

Cheers,

Scott

Sebastian
@sebastian
03/17/13 08:02:58AM
754 posts

Know that importation of viable plant material from outside of the US without a valid USDA APHIS permit will result in the shipment being confiscated at the border. Attempting to import plant materials illegally into the US may also result in you spending some time in a 12x12 windowless concrete room will a large man named Spider, and a fight over who gets which bunk.

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
03/19/13 01:58:58PM
527 posts

Hey.... You know Spider too? Wow! Small world. Tell him Brad says you can have whatever bunk you want next time or his sister doesn't get any more choklat! LOL

Scott2
@scott2
03/20/13 02:53:43AM
2 posts

Hi Sebastain,

Thanks for thehumorouswarning. Do you know if with an APHIS permit importation of fresh pods is permitted?

Cheers,

Scott

Sebastian
@sebastian
03/23/13 05:58:21AM
754 posts

Once you apply for the permit, it will be reviewed at your state and federal level, and the gov't will come back with a list of conditions under which you must agree to in order to import the material. If you agree to those conditions, yes, you can import fresh pods.

Easier would be to simply order them from someone in hawaii (perhaps sharkman here).

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores