CocoaTown Tension Adjustment Hack

IH
@ian-horvath
05/17/16 10:13:08PM
23 posts

Hi!

I have a Cocoatown ECGC 12SL (the smallest machine they make) without a tension adjustment, my machine is about 2.5 years old. I have noticed it does not refine as fine as before and my chocolate is coming out consistently coarser and coarser, so I want to add a Tension adjustment. I know they sell a machine with the adjustment but I don't want to buy another when it looks like they just drilled through the top and added a turning knob. I have never seen one of these in person so I am going off only what they have on their website. I think it would be as easy as drilling through the top bar and adding an adjustable knob to push down on the spring already there...any thoughts?

Can someone direct me to a way I can make this modification without destroying my machine? Thanks.

IH
@ian-horvath
05/17/16 10:19:41PM
23 posts

Ok so I just found this on their website. They offer for you to send in your old arm and they make the adjustment, this kind of tells me it is not that big of deal. Anyone know where I can get an assembly like this...Maybe Ace hardware?

Tags