Sculpting Chocolate / Modeling Chocolate

jisimni_mark
@joe-john
11/07/15 08:39:20AM
20 posts

Hi guys,

Do you know anything about sculpting with chocolate? I have searched around and didn't find much info. I mean, kinda like the creations by Patrick Roger (France) and Stephane Treand ...

Do they temper chocolate and work with it, or as I'm assuming, they work with a different type of chocolate?

Thanks!

Gerhard Petzl
@gerhard-petzl
11/08/15 05:55:36AM
3 posts

I am a chocolate sculptor and carve mostly out of a solid block..lots of infos and sculptures on my website: gerhardpetzl.com

If you need more infos, you are very welcome to ask me! 

jisimni_mark
@joe-john
11/08/15 08:26:23AM
20 posts

Thank you Gerhard!

Well done on your sculptures!! :D I couldn't find info on your website, but I will check again ... :)

docesobremesa
@docesobremesa
11/12/15 03:53:19AM
7 posts

Wow Gerhard congratulations you have some really nice work in your website

Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
12/09/15 02:56:44PM
157 posts

Sculpting and modeling are very different. Sculpting you make blocks and carve, modeling is more like clay where you can shape it, ply it, mold it, and then have it set. Like a salt-dough.

We use a lot of modeling chocolate throughout the year. It's just chocolate + a ratio of corn syrup. As it cools it hardens and is pliable, over a few days it gets harder and harder almost like curing the more water that is freed the more rigid it becomes. If you have mass left over you can always reheat it later and knead it back into use.

Tags