Working with Tempering Machines

Raanan
@raanan
01/16/17 02:58:41PM
7 posts

Hi

We are medium-sized company based in Manchester UK. We are growing and like to buy tempering machines.

Does anybody can advise us how to work with only one or two machines while working with more type of chocolate - dark, milk, white and mix of them.

Thank you

Raanan 

Peter3
@peter3
01/16/17 10:16:49PM
86 posts

It depends a lot on what type of tempering machines you use.

Some of them can be taken apart and cleaned which means a fair bit of work but wide range of applications. Other tempering machines can be only flushed which means that they can be used for milk and dark chocolate (no white) and while it requires less work it creates a quantity of "rework" chocolate. 

GretaHass
@gretahass
04/10/17 11:17:51PM
22 posts

Peter3:

It depends a lot on what type of tempering machines you use.

Some of them can be taken apart and cleaned which means a fair bit of work but wide range of applications. Other tempering machines can be only flushed which means that they can be used for milk and dark chocolate (no white) and while it requires less work it creates a quantity of "rework" chocolate. 

Aw really, thanks for telling us

Colin Green
@colin-green
04/11/17 06:51:49PM
84 posts

If you only need small quantities of white chocolate you might consider the EzTemper system out of Toronto, Canada.  Then you can use your main tempering machine for milk and dark.

Eric K. Meredith
@eric-k-meredith
04/29/17 09:50:05AM
9 posts

Hello,

I have a Chinese Tempering Machine That works real well & was in expensive. This Machine will TEMPER all types of chocolate 8KG of chocolate for only #1,210 Dollars including shipping. The ONLY DIFFERENCE that I have found was the Temperature to the Type of CHOCOLATE!! Melt your Chocolate for 2 to 3 hours from 40 to 45 Degrees C regardless of the Type of Chocolate before you turn on the wheel. Then rest your Temperature to the TYPE of Chocolate. Your machine should have THREE (3) separate Temperature Stetting!!! Each Temperature Setting is Dependent on the type of Chocolate you are making!!!  The HOTTEST is for#1) PURE DARK CHOCOLATE 31 to 32 Degrees C #2) MILK CHOCOLATE is 29 to 30 Degrees C #3) COCOA BUTTER / WHITE CHOCOLATE 27 to 28 Degrees C.

If you are adding Seed Chocolate use 20 to 30% of the amount you are making. For example my machine 6KG of Un-tempered melted chocolate, add around 1.2KG to 1.8 KG of Chips. The optimum quantity will depend on the ambient room temperature and the characteristics of your chocolate.

Let the machine run until you get the desired temperature is reached.

The chocolate will now be ready to use.

I hope this will help you. I just wish someone would or could help me understand THIS COCOA BUTTER MACHINE!!! I just picture a BIG CHOCOLATE MESS all over the place. Please, if someone knows how to use a Hydraulic COCOA BUTTER PRESS & especially with the recommended Cocoa Paste/Chocolate Liquor instead of the (NIBBS) I would be VERY, VERY GRATEFUL. Thanks,

Eric

Raanan
@raanan
04/29/17 10:55:16AM
7 posts

Eric K. Meredith:

Hello,

I have a Chinese Tempering Machine That works real well & was in expensive. This Machine will TEMPER all types of chocolate 8KG of chocolate for only #1,210 Dollars including shipping. The ONLY DIFFERENCE that I have found was the Temperature to the Type of CHOCOLATE!! Melt your Chocolate for 2 to 3 hours from 40 to 45 Degrees C regardless of the Type of Chocolate before you turn on the wheel. Then rest your Temperature to the TYPE of Chocolate. Your machine should have THREE (3) separate Temperature Stetting!!! Each Temperature Setting is Dependent on the type of Chocolate you are making!!!  The HOTTEST is for#1) PURE DARK CHOCOLATE 31 to 32 Degrees C #2) MILK CHOCOLATE is 29 to 30 Degrees C #3) COCOA BUTTER / WHITE CHOCOLATE 27 to 28 Degrees C.

If you are adding Seed Chocolate use 20 to 30% of the amount you are making. For example my machine 6KG of Un-tempered melted chocolate, add around 1.2KG to 1.8 KG of Chips. The optimum quantity will depend on the ambient room temperature and the characteristics of your chocolate.

Let the machine run until you get the desired temperature is reached.

The chocolate will now be ready to use.

I hope this will help you. I just wish someone would or could help me understand THIS COCOA BUTTER MACHINE!!! I just picture a BIG CHOCOLATE MESS all over the place. Please, if someone knows how to use a Hydraulic COCOA BUTTER PRESS & especially with the recommended Cocoa Paste/Chocolate Liquor instead of the (NIBBS) I would be VERY, VERY GRATEFUL. Thanks,

Eric

Thank you

Colin Green
@colin-green
04/29/17 06:18:32PM
84 posts

Hi Eric,

Can you advise what Chinese machine you are finding such good results from please?  I use Chinese pans and I'm very pleased with them too.  Can you supply a link please?

If you'd rather not put it on this site (there are sponsors to consider) would you mind emailing me please?  colin.green@captainchocolate.com.au

Thanks!

Colin

Tags