Needed: Coconut Sugar Sweetened Couverture

Troy Lapsys
@troy-lapsys
11/20/15 10:19:30PM
5 posts

I need a supplier of couverture sweetened with coconut sugar instead of pure cane for a particular customer of mine.  Initial requirements are low - @ 20 kg for the initial order, but potentially could grow to the 1000 kg/month range.  Does anyone have a lead on a source?  Please email me at troy@lajoliesse.com or post in reply. 

Thank you,

Troy Lapsys.

updated by @troy-lapsys: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
11/21/15 01:37:40PM
1,680 posts

Good luck on this, my quick research into this shows only one company - Real Food Source in the UK - offering something like this. I doubt they are making it themselves, though, so the challenge would be to find out who's making it for them. Also, the prices are in pounds - that's 50% higher than USD$ prices right off the bat.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Troy Lapsys
@troy-lapsys
11/21/15 06:56:39PM
5 posts

I saw that myself, and two outfits in Australia.  Price on the chocolate is not surprising (coconut sugar is expensive), but the shipping would kill me.

Mac Powell
@mac-powell
01/18/16 07:10:13PM
4 posts

We make bars with it here in Panama, why dont you do it yourself? What is your price point? What percent sugar, cacao, butter ect are you after.

deborah2
@deborah2
01/18/16 08:53:34PM
25 posts

Mac Powell: We make bars with it here in Panama, why dont you do it yourself? What is your price point? What percent sugar, cacao, butter ect are you after.

Where in Panama are you, Mac? 

Tony.n
@tonny
01/19/16 08:44:19AM
54 posts

FYI - I make it here in Houston, TX

Mac Powell
@mac-powell
01/19/16 01:35:43PM
4 posts

Bocas del toro, an island near the North border with Costa Rica. My girlfriend's late boyfriend bought some property and discovered it had 10,000 old cacao trees on it so they bought it back to life, I guess it has been organic for a really long time. We mostly use those beans or a neighbors who works on the farm so we know the fermentation is ok. We have an organic coop and sometimes broker their beans. I have been doing the coconut sugar bars for a health food store in Panama city, at first The taste was strange but as the bar ages it mellows. Just not use to the taste of that sugar, It may be the new thing. 

deborah2
@deborah2
01/19/16 02:14:48PM
25 posts

Mac Powell: Bocas del toro, an island near the North border with Costa Rica. My girlfriend's late boyfriend bought some property and discovered it had 10,000 old cacao trees on it so they bought it back to life, I guess it has been organic for a really long time. We mostly use those beans or a neighbors who works on the farm so we know the fermentation is ok. We have an organic coop and sometimes broker their beans. I have been doing the coconut sugar bars for a health food store in Panama city, at first The taste was strange but as the bar ages it mellows. Just not use to the taste of that sugar, It may be the new thing. 

I make chocolate in Boquete.  Organic cacao from COCABO and just regular sugar, though we are currently formulating a sugar free product.  Stop by CHOX if you're ever on this side of the divide.

Tao Watts
@tao-watts
07/26/16 06:15:16PM
10 posts

I have 1 kilo and 2 kilo blocks of 70% Organic Costa Rican Southern zone couverture made with coconut nectar sugar.  www.samaritanxocolata.com  I can give you a wholesale price if you buy more than 2 kilos...contact me direct:  samaritanxocolata@gmail.com  

NCW
@ncw
08/21/16 01:09:03AM
13 posts

I have organic 60% dark couverture sweetened only with OCPS - 18.14kg per box

we can discuss your volume and price 

FOB Coquitlam BC Canada

Trent

Tags