Care and feeding of chocolate bar molds

dsfg
@lane-wigley
10/25/12 11:10:57PM
31 posts

Any tips on this front? I'm using some good polycarb molds. I can get it to work, but it's a pain to get them clean. I think I was told hand washing only and to dry them right away. How hot can the water be? Seems like it's just really hard to get all the corners clean.

updated by @lane-wigley: 04/18/15 12:48:20PM
Gap
@gap
10/25/12 11:43:48PM
182 posts

I'm sure everyone has their own way of doing it. For me, I use hot water that melts the chocolate off the mould with a soft sponge (nothing abrasive). The water is hot - I usually have to cool it down at some stage as it gets too hot for my hands.

Then I leave them (wet) on a towel to dry overnight. The next monring I put them away and when I take them out to use them again, I give them a quick polish with cotton wool. I use cotton buds to clean inside sharp edges.

Greg Gould
@greg-gould
11/01/12 09:11:59AM
68 posts

You want to check out this discussion. I just received my bottle of sodium dioxide yesterday and I'm excited to try it out.

http://www.thechocolatelife.com/forum/topics/cleaning-chocolate-molds

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores