18 tons of chocolate stolen!

dsfg
@lane-wigley
11/23/12 06:07:38PM
31 posts

I guess this gives new meaning to "hot chocolate"

5:59PM EST November 23. 2012 - In a real-life caper that could have starred Willy Wonka , Austrian police are seeking a thief who stole 18 tons of chocolate bars and melted into thin air.

Earlier this week, a truck driver loaded 33 pallets of milk chocolate at a factory in Bludenz for a delivery in the Czech Republic, Austrian public broadcaster ORF reports, according to the Associated Press . But the license plates and paperwork for the truck and driver were forged, was discovered when the real truck showed up later, the Austrian Independent says .

The paper says the truck was chartered from Chechnya .

"The fraudsters were very sophisticated," police said.

The news reports do not identify the producer, but Suchard , famous for its Milka brand, has a factory (and shop) in Bludenz.. Kraft Foods now owns the formerly Swiss

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/11/23/18-tons-chocolate-stolen-austria/1723445/

updated by @lane-wigley: 04/20/15 04:47:43PM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores