Shelf life of chocolate sauces

Juliana Renno
@juliana-renno
08/20/13 03:58:47AM
1 posts

Hello! I have been trying to find a thread on chocolate/truffle/caramel/sauces shelf life issues and I am having a hard time. Does anyone "bottle" their chocolate sauce and/or caramel? If so, how is your process? Do you do a water bath? Pressure cooker? No "canning" at all? What is your self life? I just can't find specific information about this...I have been making a chocolate sauce that would be a great product to sell around Christmas time, but I would like to make it safe...Thank you!

updated by @juliana-renno: 04/16/15 11:51:42AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
08/20/13 09:15:24AM
194 posts

Talk to your people at Oregon State. You have to be concerned with the water activity and possibly using a small amount of preservative. If you pack at 180 degrees and have your aw low enough, you SHOULD be ok. Wouldn't want that liability without the experts advice.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores