Best tasting organic cocoa liquor?

Stephen Cobb
@stephen-cobb
08/26/15 01:45:27PM
10 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a better source for organic and ethically sourced cocoa liquor/mass. The one I'm currently using is a mix of Peruvian criollo, trinitario, and cn51, but it's pretty acidic. If anyone has experience and suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you,

A relatively new chocolatier,

Stephen

Peter3
@peter3
08/26/15 07:12:24PM
86 posts

That acidic part of tase/flavour should be removed during conching leaving just the fruity notes.

Sebastian
@sebastian
08/26/15 08:34:04PM
754 posts

Not necessarily.  That depends entirely on which acids were formed during fermentation and the type of equipment you have.  Not all are volatile, and not all conching is created equal.

Peter3
@peter3
08/26/15 09:39:55PM
86 posts

Sebastian:
Not necessarily.  That depends entirely on which acids were formed during fermentation and the type of equipment you have.  Not all are volatile, and not all conching is created equal.

I will agree with that.

It was just a general statement that acidity from the liquor could or should be removed during conching.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores