Problems with Raspberry Fondant

Alice P. Douglas
@alice-p-douglas
11/09/09 17:39:52
3 posts
I've been making chocolate at Christmas time since 1990. Someone gave me Candymaking by Ruth Kendrick. I've used many of the recipes with great success. However, the Fresh Raspberry Fondant has only been successful once in 1995. Every year I try it and it never has set up well since then. I've tried fresh and frozen raspberries, leaving out the corn syrup and leaving out pinch of baking soda, but nonr works. Any suggestions?I would also like to find a good coffee fondant recipe.
updated by @alice-p-douglas: 05/01/15 10:40:20
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
11/09/09 18:18:13
194 posts
I can probably help with this one:-) That recipe was always a bit soft. Use freeze dried raspberries. I run them through a food processor and then make a paste out of the powder, a drop or two of citric acid and just enough water to make it change color. I then stir this in after beating the fondant for about 5 minutes. It gives a very nice color and flavor. I use about 1/4 cup powder. Also, don't cook it in aluminum as this will invert more sugar as it cooks. Ruth
Alice P. Douglas
@alice-p-douglas
11/10/09 12:24:27
3 posts
I will be glad to try this. I don't know that I ever have seen freeze dried raspberries. Are they readibly available?Thanks for the answer.Alice
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
11/10/09 12:29:44
194 posts
You can get online or I can get in local stores. They come in food storage size #10 cans. You should be able to find online in smaller amounts.
Alice P. Douglas
@alice-p-douglas
11/10/09 13:13:20
3 posts
Thanks for the answer. I just ordered some on-line.Alice

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.