Child Slave Labour Doco

Tom
@tom
05/03/10 07:22:49PM
205 posts

Last night on Auussie and NZ TV was aired a doco on chlid slave labour in the cocoa industry, specifically Ghana and Ivory Coast. If you go to the link below you can read more.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/

If you are in Aust. or NZ you will be able to watch the program over the web, I am not sure about access in other countries.

The in the doco the investigative reporters found many children in forced labour with no pay or schooling.

updated by @tom: 04/21/15 06:33:14PM
Sirius Chocolate
@sirius-chocolate
05/23/10 07:41:31PM
10 posts
Child slave labor is a major issue with the cacao used by a lot of the "big boys" of chocolate manufacturing. It is truly difficult to maintain integrity when dealing with through-puts the size of a companies like, oh say, Hersheys.This is a huge problem, and is exactly why it is encouraged for consumers to support artisan chocolate producers, and chocolate producers to develop relationships with cacao growers, at lease in my opinion.Sirius

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores