Leaky cordials and caramels

Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
09/07/10 01:27:53PM
98 posts
Just made my first batch of cherry cordials along with some salted caramels, they look great and everything but their gooey goodness is oozing out? Why? is it just not completely sealed? this has never happened on the caramels before.......?any suggestions

updated by @dirke-botsford: 04/10/15 09:10:21AM
Jeff
@jeff
09/08/10 11:07:44AM
94 posts
dirke,we make thousands of very liquid cordials and caramels every week. A very small percentage always leak. It is, most likely, a seal problem. we take great care to make sure no filling rides up the sides creating a place where the filling can ooze out. this is, most likely, where your problem is.
Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
09/08/10 11:49:30AM
98 posts
Thanks Jeff, I guess I need to have a little more patience and ensure a good coating. THX
Jeff
@jeff
09/08/10 12:07:04PM
94 posts
its a pain in the ass but we look at every cavity and use a small artists palette knife to remove any potential problem areas. with 32 cavities x 25 molds a run its a mind numbingly tedious process but our reject rate is very low now. patience is key. meticulous anal retentive exactitude a must.
Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
09/08/10 12:25:55PM
98 posts
These are all enrobed by hand, I'm thinking it just didn't seal properly since the problem areas are around the cherry stem and some, now that I've looked are poorly enrobed center because I was in a hurry. Gotta learn how to be more patient I guess. One of these days I will get it....?Cheers

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores