Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
06/30/11 03:53:08
83 posts

Sorry, me again. I was wondering if there is a industry standard on wastage as far as the chocolate goes. I mean the whole tempering and dipping. How much chocolate is wasted that you cannot use again. I mean sticking to bowls and utensils and such.

Of course I need it to make my sums with the real chocolate that is more expensive than the coating I have been using. This is making the product a lot more expensive and I have to bring it to the attention of the client wanting it.

I will, of course, not say it as bluntly, the price will simply have to go up1

Thanks

Magriet

updated by @magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis: 04/20/15 05:25:04
Gap
@gap
07/04/11 16:30:04
182 posts
If you are talking about wastage from melting chocolate, tempering it and then making confections - there should be barely any (any chocolate you throw away is profits being thrown away). Scrape all the bowls/utensils clean and then hit them with a heat gun to melt/scrape off the last bits. Add the chocolate scraps back into the melting tank for the next day. If you find a little dark/white/milk has mixed together, it can go back into a melting tank withmilk chocolate or be used in centres for your next batch.
Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
07/05/11 01:47:36
83 posts
Thanks Gap, I will simply have to learn how to be less messy and better organized with my utensils. I have to be honest, I did not even think about melting it off of the utensils back into the other chocolate.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.