Small chocolate business in the UK.

anthony aaron
@anthony-aaron
06/09/13 12:09:46PM
5 posts

Hi guys,

I'd like to start a conversation with the hope of establishing if the small private chocolate industry in the UK is growing as much as I have heard it is, would love to hear from any new start up operations as well as the more experienced UK based chocolate makers,

I recently visited a customer of mine who had the entire operation running from his conservatory and it looked very interesting and his chocolate was amazing. I supply cocoa beans from various origins and find the following "bean to bar" operation very interesting indeed. Anyone got any experiences they would like to share ? Please feel free to introduce yourself.

Rgds

Anthony

updated by @anthony-aaron: 04/09/15 10:23:51AM
Herve Leber
@herve-leber
07/12/13 06:08:42PM
3 posts

Hi Anthony,

I'm consulting in Ireland every now and again for a start up chocolate business. I am a qualified French chocolatier and planning to move to London for November. Let me know if you are interested in knowing more about my career, views and ideas.

Best regards,

Herve Leber

anthony aaron
@anthony-aaron
07/15/13 01:32:41PM
5 posts

Good day Herve,

Thanks for taking time to get in touch,

Well, I was actually wondering what bean to bar workshops are available, or that you could recommend ? preferably in the uk however a little trip to France wouldn't be out of the question. ;-)

Ants

Herve Leber
@herve-leber
07/15/13 03:56:25PM
3 posts

Sorry I don't know any but would be interested to visit a place as I don't have experience in it. It would be great to develop a fair trade organic bar Europe with an emphasis on healthy toppings like seeds, nuts, etc... I believe on whole foods.It probably exist but I'd like to see it on an artisan scale.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores