Looking for a chocolate-related charity

Julie Price
@julie-price
01/25/13 02:36:21PM
1 posts

I'm working on a chocolate 5k in San Francisco and looking for a chocolate-related charity. Does anyone have any advice or know someone I should contact?

A friend & I are building a 5k training program for aspirational runners who love chocolate and like the idea of running or walking a 5k. We are currently building www.WillTrainForChocolate.com , which is not yet 100% complete, but will be ready by early Feb as we partner with a local 5k company called Picnic Dash.

Our goal with the app is to help people train while using chocolates as rewards. We'll allow people to track and share their favorite chocolates as they train for the 5k and training will start in early Feb as they prepare for the March 30th Chocolate Dash 5k in San Francisco.

For the chocolate-themed training and for the event, we're looking for a chocolatier to promote as well as a chocolate-related charity to sponsor (all Picnic Dash 5ks donate at least 50% of the proceeds to a charity).

Please let me know if you have any advice or know anyone I should talk to. And, feel free to let me know if you'd like to beta test the app!

updated by @julie-price: 05/04/15 04:28:29AM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores