Chocolate Distributor Business Concept

Wannabe Chocolatier
@wannabe-chocolatier
02/23/14 18:29:46
6 posts

Hi everyone! I owe a chocolate store 3 years now and have to close for personal reasons 1 year ago. As mentioned before in this forum people dont know what they are getting into, is a tough business. During my operating time the business was ok, but not as lucrative as I thought. My chocolatier where mostly truffles oriented, people love our chocolates, started to distributing truffles on other stores and find that other sellers didnt take care of our product and customers think it was pricey.

We dont have a culture for fancy chocolate, although people recognize it when they taste product. Now I try to reopen just from a different perspective.

Just bars and distribute, cut all the retail myself as the local demand is not huge I will cut down some costs and place the business as a side income.

Try to come with a competitive product keeping its quality to compete with chemical global manufactures as a local, with the niche flavors.

I will like to hear any advice from you or if any one has initiated distribution, what was your experience?

updated by @wannabe-chocolatier: 04/10/15 20:47:10

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.