Startup Essentials for a Small Chocolaterie

Drobert Eirven
@drobert-eirven
08/19/13 07:02:38PM
4 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm Eirven from the Philippines. I'm a new member here in this forum. I would just like to ask from you expert Chocolatiers if what are the necessary Equipments that needs to be purchased right away, and what other equipments can be purchased later. (e.g Instead of buying tempering machines right away, I'll just use the manual table tempering method using Granite/Marble tables)

I'm 20 years old, and I'm planning to Start-up a small chocolate company here in the Philippines. I'll be starting as a home-based business, and will expand later.

Cheers!

:)

P.S : Bean to Bar.

updated by @drobert-eirven: 04/09/15 03:30:03PM
Drobert Eirven
@drobert-eirven
08/20/13 06:02:21AM
4 posts

P.S Bean to Bar.

TheChocolateMan
@thechocolateman
08/22/13 01:35:16AM
21 posts

It depends on the quanitity of chocolaes your going to make. Marble slab method takes time and eventually you will need to invest in a tempering machine. There are cheper lower production quantity tempering machine like Chocovision Rev2. Apart from this you will need probe thermometer, bowls, dipping tools, scraper, mold. visit sites like bakedeco, chocolate doctor, ecole chocolat, jbprince, chocolateman. They sell starter kits as well

Julie Fisher
@julie-fisher
08/22/13 09:03:21AM
33 posts

If you are going Bean to Bar, then you will also need a roaster, a winnower, a conch. Good cacao beans.

Drobert Eirven
@drobert-eirven
08/22/13 12:03:16PM
4 posts

A Stone melangeur would be good for Conching and Refining right?

For the winnower I'm planning to build my own customized winnower using a blueprint that was posted here in the website.

Drobert Eirven
@drobert-eirven
08/22/13 12:04:56PM
4 posts

I'll be starting it as a home business so that I could cut in rental costs. I'll be starting with the minimum equipment requirements, and I'll just work my way up to bigger Equipments.

Julie Fisher
@julie-fisher
08/23/13 03:32:26AM
33 posts

Correct.

rizqo
@rizqo
08/23/13 03:49:31AM
1 posts
It's depend on your budget.You must consider buy chocolate warmer if refuse buy tempering machine yet.Because chocolate warmer at least make tempered chocolate stable and you have enough time to mould it.CMIIW

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores