I need some advise on two piece chocolate molds.

Sweet Morsels Toffee & Chocolate
@sweet-morsels-toffee-chocolate
03/23/10 03:14:46PM
6 posts
I am trying a two piece chocolate bunny mold for the first time and need some
advice on how to put the piece together to minimize the seam.

updated by @sweet-morsels-toffee-chocolate: 05/07/15 08:54:14AM
Ilana
@ilana
03/23/10 04:00:55PM
97 posts
how have you been doing it up until now?
03/24/10 12:44:41PM
6 posts
We haven't done it before. This is the first time we have used mold where you take the two sides out of the mold and than place them together.
Ilana
@ilana
03/24/10 05:20:11PM
97 posts
I am not sure which mold you have. I have one that has a front side and a back side of a squirrel, for ex. I make them hollow and demold. What I do is use my hairdryer to heat up an area on my stainless steel table. I place the two halves on the warm area and move them around a bit. Then I "glue" them together by just lining up and holding closed for a short time. Mine come out really well...This is the only picture I have.

Ilana
@ilana
03/25/10 03:12:06PM
97 posts
In pic 1 the ears are not filled with chocolate. Does your ,uhmm , vibrator get the chocolate into the ears? I love the human spinning machine-I do that too with a double mold I have. Turn it around up and down, this way and that!!! Oish! Only chocolatiers of our status can really identify with all the odd things we do!! Imagine that in all different countries there are human spinning machines doing their thing!
Kerry
@kerry
03/25/10 10:53:25PM
288 posts
Lana,Those are very cute!I have a bunch of the clips that hold double molds together - but I often find that the rubber bands work just as well and are a whole lot easier to get on.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Ilana
@ilana
03/26/10 05:49:47AM
97 posts
they are adorable! You have done an excellent job using chocolate's natural colors to decorate-I really like them! Kids must also go crazy for them! The "cow" bunny is my fav!
03/27/10 10:48:20AM
6 posts
Thanks for all of the advise everyone. Those bunnies are awesome Lana. Here is a picture of our bunny packaged.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores