Production of chocolate

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
11/29/12 02:58:03PM
19 posts
Are there interested to discuss the production of chocolate?Tell me your experience about it!Specifically the production of ball mill
updated by @goran-vjestica: 04/15/15 05:53:52AM
Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
11/29/12 03:01:58PM
19 posts

I work in a chocolate factory and have a problem to make white chocolate. It isn t taste enough and dense fluid.

I feel the bitter taste, maybe it's from milk powder?

Sebastian
@sebastian
11/29/12 05:27:23PM
754 posts

well, you're going to need to provide many more details if you'd like help. Specifically:

1) Exact formula of your chocolate, including details on the milk ingredients used

2) timing of addition of ingredients

3) how you operate your ball mill.

I will tell you, that using a ball mill for white chocolate isn't the best solution.

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
12/01/12 12:08:22AM
86 posts

Hey Goran,

Are you refering to production management? Because this is a topic I am really interested in discussing.

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
12/01/12 05:38:32PM
19 posts

Ingredients for white chocolate - suger, milk powder and cocoa butter,dextrose, whey powder. The most important ingredients are milk powder (19%), cocoa butter 33%. We use a ball mill(t=45-50) and we add lecithin on start and 15 minutes the end ago. The whole process takes 1h45min.

Can you tell me what i have to do? I want to make smoother chocolate.

Is it the moisture in the ingredients may be the problem?

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
12/01/12 05:50:46PM
19 posts

Does anyone know why the barley melt extract use in the productions of chocolate?

Sebastian
@sebastian
12/02/12 07:19:58PM
754 posts

afraid you still don't have nearly enough information. you list your ingredients, but it's not the formula. The details are incredibly important (ie what fat milk powder? what size media, temp of your mill, and # of passes (i assume you have multiple passes?) what's the temperature increase over multiple passes?)

What do you need to do - you need to provide a great deal more information, i'm afraid.

Moisture is always a problem....

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
12/09/12 02:59:39PM
19 posts

Hello Sebastian! Can you sent me your e-mail adress and i ll sent you details about it!

I think, the main problem is process, temperature or moisture.

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
12/09/12 03:03:43PM
19 posts

I am refering about it. It's a good way for the production of milk and dark chocolate. Now, i try to find way that I make good white chocolate.

What are you interesting?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores