Titanium Oxide

Michael Jones
@michael-jones
12/29/12 04:25:38PM
2 posts

Does anyone know the best place to buy Titanium Oxide? I want to get some mostly for pastry work, but I have also heard it works pretty well for making white chocolate actually white. However, I cannot find it anywhere. The only place I see it listed is on Amazon, and then it is still hard to tell if it is the food safe kind, since it is listed under cosmetics. Thanks for your help!

updated by @michael-jones: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Kerry
@kerry
12/29/12 06:03:59PM
288 posts

Chef Rubber - it's simply white chocolate colouring. Link here - http://www.shopchefrubber.com/Powdered-Color-White-OIL-100g-3.5oz/

The cosmetic stuff doesn't seem to be as oil soluble - I tried it!

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Clay Gordon
@clay
12/30/12 09:27:06AM
1,680 posts

Michael -

You are right to be skeptical ... he cosmetic stuff may be safe enough to put on skin, but it might not be safe enough to eat. ALWAYS check to make sure that you're using food-safe versions of ingredients. While the titanium oxide may be safe you also have to look at what's in the carrier medium.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores