Saving a batch at home (doesn't temper/solidify properly)

dsfg
@lane-wigley
03/10/13 08:57:57AM
31 posts

Something went wrong with my current batch at home. It's a relatively large batch for me so I'm trying to rescue it. I originally used 2kg cacao liquor, 1 kg cocoa butter, and 1k sugar. It ended up very runny to the point where it wouldn't all stay in the same side of my Revolation as some would run back through the bottom. When I molded it, it just never solidified, maybe finally overnight but not in the 75 mins it normally does and definitely not tempered. I thought perhaps I had too much cocoa butter so I added in 1 kg of store-bough Callbut chocolate liquor, and then another. Still no luck, just to thin.

It's the best flavor I achieved so far so I'm really frustrated. Any ideas and can it be saved?

updated by @lane-wigley: 04/11/15 01:47:30AM
Kerry
@kerry
03/10/13 06:49:28PM
288 posts

Perhaps tempering it by hand so that you don't need seed?

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores