Cocoa Butter

Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
03/20/13 11:30:18PM
33 posts

Hi All, I am looking for a good source of Cocoa Butter, small amounts <5kg, to start. Using it for my r&d for making my own bars.

I would prefer organic (whether certified or not). Single origin or blend, and not chemically deodorized.

I know this stuff is expensive, but I don't want to lose my shirt on buying cocoa butter...

Thanks, - Mark

updated by @mark-j-sciscenti: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
03/21/13 10:29:22PM
92 posts

Try www.chocosphere.com . They carry Callebaut & Pacaricocoa butters. Just do a search and scroll down to the bottom of each page. I can't speak to your other requirements but they have smaller sizes.

Andrea

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/22/13 12:07:07PM
1,680 posts

Mark -

Having used it, I can say that Blommer's undeodorized cocoa butter is quite good. You have to order 1 tonne if you go through them, but if you call them you can find out the name of your local distributor. That's what I did when I needed some here in NYC - it was a restaurant/bakery ingredient company.

The price was quite good for what we got - only challenge for you going this route is that I believe the smallest size if a 35lb tub. That said, it will probably be one of the less expensive alternatives on a per-pound basis so it might not end up costing that much more than a more expensive cocoa butter in small quantities.

:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
03/22/13 12:42:56PM
158 posts

Have you tried cocoasupply? (.com)

I buy both deodorized and undeodorized from them. They do sell amounts as small as 5-lb bags for pretty decent prices.

Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
03/22/13 05:57:36PM
33 posts

Hi everyone, Thanks for this pointers. I had not thought of Jerry over at Chocosphere (duh, I've got an account with him). Clay, Thanks, I will look into that - I will try my local bakery supply house to see if they can get it. 35Lb isn't out of the realm of what I can start with. I've not heard of cocoasupply but will look into that too.

If I could get some Waialua Estates cocoa butter And 100% I would, but I don't think they make either.

Thanks again!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores