Opinion on chocolate temperer

Jeff5
@jeff5
03/31/13 04:52:31PM
1 posts

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask your professional opinions on a temperer I've found locally. [Edited to add: Locally is Toronto, Ontario, Canada.]

A shop in my area is going out of business and they are selling their temperer. I believe it is an Air 2 made by Perfect inc (just the info the seller has send me, so I haven't had a chance to verify). The seller mentioned he used this unit more for a melter versus a temperer (using compound) The machine appears to be 10 plus years old and does have a wheel attachment. It's a counter unit.
I don't have an immediate need for the machine, but also know they don't come up used too often. He's asking for $1200 for the unit. Which I believe is fair. I'd be interested to hear your opinions and what the downside/ additional cost will be if I get a lemon. He was using the machine up until a few weeks ago.
Thanks

updated by @jeff5: 04/10/15 12:35:12PM
Kerry
@kerry
03/31/13 09:04:04PM
288 posts

They are pretty low tech - don't think you need to worry too much about a lemon. They are made in Quebec so if a thermostat goes you should be able to get replacements easily. I like the idea of the Air vs their water version.

You can add a Perfect enrober to the Air 2 as well when your business grows more (I think I saw one for sale on the classifieds here on CL) .

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
03/31/13 09:46:50PM
194 posts

I have one with the enrober. It is a good little machine. Like Kerry says, low tech. It isn't the greatest temper, but for the price, it certainly will get the job done.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores