Food safe inks and chocolate box enclosures

Patricia Chapman
@patricia-chapman
06/06/13 07:24:58PM
5 posts

Who knows the reg's on printed matter that goes inside a box of chocolates? For example, a tiny brochure or a sheet thatprovides a 'map' ofthe contents. Does it have to be food safe ink if it is separated from the confectionsby a glassine pad? My graphic designer is saying yes, but she seemed to hesitate a bit, so I'd like another info source.

Thanks!

Patricia in Denver

updated by @patricia-chapman: 04/09/15 05:11:14PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
06/09/13 12:34:33AM
1,680 posts

Patricia:

Is the reason you are hesitant cost? Why wouldn't you want to use food-safe inks?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Patricia Chapman
@patricia-chapman
06/09/13 09:32:35AM
5 posts

yes, the cost was my concern, and my graphic designer is acting as if she needs to search around for someone who can do it, which raised my suspicion that it may or may not be important, because she does work for other confectionery companies, so why would it seem to be some big, special request? Unfortunately she is on a non-cell-phone vacation right now.I come from a regular culinary background (not packaged foods) so there is an awareness-raising hurdle for me (a nice was of saying I have some ignorance about it).

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores