chocolate covered frozen bananas

Esther L. Greenberger2
@esther-l-greenberger2
11/04/13 10:36:48PM
13 posts

Is it necessary to temper the chocolate for chocolate covered frozen bananas since they are kept in the freezer anyhow after they are dipped?

updated by @esther-l-greenberger2: 04/12/15 04:23:17AM
Alex Radcliffe
@alex-radcliffe
11/05/13 05:59:13AM
6 posts

We hand dip naked vanilla ice cream bars into E. Guittard chocolate. It's a special blend of chocolate and coconut oil. Talk to Jerry at Chocosphere. He has the ratio recipe or you can order a 55 pound pail of it already premixed. Much easier and less messy!

Esther L. Greenberger2
@esther-l-greenberger2
11/05/13 10:16:51AM
13 posts

Thanks for the tip, but I want to dip the bananas into my semisweet nondairy Belgian chocolate. I guess the only way to decide is to try it and see what happens.

Terry Wakefield
@terry-wakefield
11/07/13 03:56:52PM
2 posts

The addition of coconut oil (76 degree melt point) to your base chocolate will improve its resistance to cracking when the finished product is re-frozen. Depending on how much coconut oil you add, it will be difficult to actually retain temper in the chocolate. As you noted, the only way to determined what is acceptable from an appearance and texture perspective is to do some trials.

Esther L. Greenberger2
@esther-l-greenberger2
11/07/13 07:47:24PM
13 posts

Thanks for your reply, Terry. I'll do some trial and error.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores