chocovison or hillard?

jhon
@jhon
11/22/13 07:04:05PM
1 posts

hey chocolatelife people how are you? i work making candies and gummies for a private company in boulder CO. My new goal is to produce some chocolate goodies. I have some knowledge of chocolate, my main question is what would be the best equipment to get?

I am looking on producing about 5 to 10 kg per day, probably more though! any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

i was thinking a hillard's little dipper, or the chocovision delta or X3210. Any knowledge on this machines?

my goal is to make truffles, chocolate candy bars, lots of dipped goodies, like pretzels, mint etc. what would be better for my type of work?

updated by @jhon: 04/10/15 05:03:05PM
Trula R
@trula-r
11/29/13 07:33:53PM
3 posts

I have no experience with the little dipper, but I have worked with the x3210 a bit. I really love everything about the x3210. It's quiet, easy to use, not too heavy, and works perfectly for me every time. The bowl is also plenty big enough to hand dip items or easily use a ladle or such to dispense chocolate. I think chocovision also sells a new accessory that you can attach to the delta or x3210 that dispenses the chocolate in a stream for easy molding of bars and such. Good luck deciding!

Larry2
@larry2
11/29/13 11:06:40PM
110 posts

Could you tell us more about what you'll be making?

I'd go with the larger x3210. It will be much easier to dip your pretzels and other large items.

It will also be much easier to produce a quantity of molds for your bars because not only is the bowl bigger in the revolation machine, you can get a Holey Baffle that will increase the melted capacity from 10 pounds up to17 pounds. :)

We have 1 little dipper and 2 x3210s. I prefer to work with the little dipper, but we primarily do small confections.

The new dispenser for the revolation machine would make filling molds MUCH easier.

Welcome to The Chocolate Life!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores