Organic Walnut Chocolate Bar

pimwipa palahong
@pimwipa-palahong
11/30/13 05:30:02PM
1 posts

Hello Chocolate lovers,

I'm a new member here and very excited to get to know you guys :). I am actually a business student of UC Berkeley Extension who of course loves chocolate. However, being a good world citizen, I am alway aware of unfair trade products, especially products I frequently consume like chocolate.

As you guys might already know about child labor and human trafficking problems in cocoa industry in Ghana and other West African Region, I'd like to ask you for opinions about fair trade chocolate products. Are you usually aware of that? and Do you normally check the label before buying?

Here's a new product line of Hershey's chocolate barthat supports the idea of ending child labor in this industry. Please go to our Facebook page and share your valuable ideas and opinions with us! Let make the world a better place together and make our favorite chocolate bar more valuable as well :)

https://www.facebook.com/fairtradechocolatebar

Pim

ppimwipa@yahoo.com

550-theconnectionbetweenchocolateand2.jpg?width=315

updated by @pimwipa-palahong: 04/12/15 04:34:21AM
Ashley2
@ashley2
12/02/13 02:26:02PM
11 posts
I agree that it is important. I buy direct trade. Most small farms and co-ops cannot afford the certification fees for fair-trade or organic.It's good that Hershey has this line available, however I would be impressed if they took steps to ensure all of the cocoa they purchase is fairly traded.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores