Why my ganache was fail ???

him
@him
02/15/14 05:01:21AM
8 posts

I usechopped chocolate then pour hot cream in bowl stay at 1 minutes and then stir the chocolate mixture but some chocolate have not melt. I reheat the chocolate mixture then result is split. Next I try use to half melt chocolate to do, but this time I stir the mixture better than first time, but when I put butter into mixture to stir, split is happening. why? Thisrecipe use chocolate 1:1 cream and alsochocolate 2:1 cream

How can make your success ganache, Thank

updated by @him: 04/10/15 03:16:33PM
Mark J Sciscenti
@mark-j-sciscenti
02/16/14 02:44:49PM
33 posts

Hi. Try melting all the chocolate in a double boiler (bain-marie) on low, then take off the heat, let cool for a few minutes. Warm the cream up to just lukewarm, about 98f then add it all at once to the melted chocolate and stir in until uniform and thick. Let it set up in the refrigerator.

Good luck!

-Mark

him
@him
02/18/14 01:13:36AM
8 posts

Thank Mark, but ganache can be set up in refrigerator?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores