Thermoblend?

Deborah3
@deborah3
03/18/14 06:51:27PM
3 posts

This may be a big no no but has anyone tried using a Thermoblend to melt/warm chocolate?

Deborah

updated by @deborah3: 04/10/15 06:48:46PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
03/19/14 07:36:50PM
1,680 posts

Deborah:

I can't recommend any of the home kitchen units in a professional kitchen because you don't get what you don't pay for.

There is a unit that is designed for the pro kitchen - the HotMix Pro . Advanced Gourmet is the rep here in the US for these units. I'd contact the manufacturer and see who the Australian rep is.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Deborah3
@deborah3
03/31/14 12:20:16AM
3 posts

Thanks Clay, was just wondering. Not in a position to purchase pro kitchen equipment as yet.

cheers

Deborah

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
03/31/14 10:19:00AM
194 posts

Is a Thermoblend the same as a Thermomix? If so, it works beautifully.

Mack Ransom
@mack-ransom
06/14/14 01:13:31PM
34 posts

Hi Deborah,

You probably have a solution that works for you, but here is what I ended up doing.I have an inexpensive system for melting that works well. I bought a 4 qt. round crock pot (slow cooker) and instead of using the ceramic bowl I use a tall stainless steel *bowl that fits into the crock pot (it does not fit all the way in, about half way). I then plug the crock pot into a the sous vide electric temperature control Clay mentioned, which I bought from Amazon for $99US, and I melt 3 to 4 pound batches of chocolate in it. Works great. In order to temper I take the bowl out of the crock pot and put it on the table, and then I use a table fan to cool it. It works quite well.

Mack

*the bowl is the mixing bowl that went to an electric mixer.

Deborah3
@deborah3
06/14/14 04:52:00PM
3 posts

not sure Ruth, will investigate. Lots of friends have these new fangled things and I was curious

cheers

Deborah

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores