starting a chocolate workshop

Shanta Reddy
@shanta-reddy
03/27/14 07:14:22
2 posts

Hello there

I live in South Africa and will be completing a chocolate course with Ecole Chocolat soon. I am really enjoying working with chocolate and have been encouraged by the knowledge I gained from the course to start my own business.

I would like to know what equipment I would need to start with that will get me up and running without me taking a second mortgage on my home. I can hand temper and am not sure whether a temepring machine is more useful than let's say a guitar.

From the numerous web sites I have seen equipment is very expensive and then to ship to SA is another costly exercise.

I would think I would need a guitar, a heating pot to hold temper, an industrial fridge (it is very warm here and humid - it's autumn and we still have temperaturs of 28 degrees Celsius. What else would i need and where would be a cost effecitve place to get these? Also what makes some equipment better than others. I have seen some posts about noisy heating pots.

Many thanks

Shanta

updated by @shanta-reddy: 04/10/15 07:11:51
Anjali Gupta
@anjali-gupta
04/01/14 22:37:50
14 posts

Hi Shanta,

Your equipment will depend on what you plan to make. Think of it like this - which task would you like to automate most? You have to be able to save time and increase your productivity.

Regards,

Anjali

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores