Callebaut Chocolate Academy

matt black
@matt-black
04/03/14 08:32:51PM
4 posts

Has anyone ever attended the Callebaut Chocolate Academy Classes?? Any thoughts about your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

updated by @matt-black: 04/13/15 02:20:16AM
Sweet matter physicist
@sweet-matter-physicist
04/06/14 07:27:45AM
8 posts

I attended two courses at the Chocolate Academy, one in the Netherlands (Zundert) and one in Belgium (Wieze). Generally I was quite satisfied with the amound of techniques I learned during the short time of the course. I also wrote a blog post some time ago about the second course I followed. To avoid confusion: You won't learn how to make chocolate in those courses, but rather how to work with chocolate.

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
04/06/14 10:49:57AM
194 posts

I took two courses in Montreal. I thought they were great. This was before they had the Chicago location.

olivia curran
@olivia-curran
04/08/14 01:37:48PM
1 posts

Hi ,

I done a couple in England, i thought they were fantastic and its not just what you learn on the courses, whether its a professional chocolate course, Chocolate wedding cake course, sculpting course, its also the back up service you get from Callebaut that is invaluable. You can give them buzz and ask technical questions and get a professional answer. They are there to help in all aspects of chocolate and give you recipes and rough ideas on shelf life and how to extend shelf life.

Definitely worth it, if nothing else think of it as a learning and unique holiday

Anjali Gupta
@anjali-gupta
04/10/14 09:06:41PM
14 posts

I attended their French Ganache Course in Banbury, UK. I really enjoyed the course, and it gave me lots of useful tips on working with chocolate, flavour pairing etc. I would recommend it.

Anjali

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores