Chocolate Tempering Machine

Siham Abdel-naby
@siham-abdel-naby
04/26/14 04:29:31PM
3 posts

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a small - med size tempering machine, any advice!

Thanks,

Siham

updated by @siham-abdel-naby: 04/09/15 05:37:42PM
Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
04/27/14 09:47:20AM
191 posts

Hi Siham. There are several discussions on this forum discussing tempering machines and people's opinions of them. I'm linking a couple of them below, but there are many more that you can search for.

-Ben

http://www.thechocolatelife.com/forum/topics/chocovision-x3210-or-delta-good-for-bean-to-bar

http://www.thechocolatelife.com/forum/topics/which-tempering-machine-to-purchase-fbm-gami-selmi-or-wheel-type

http://www.thechocolatelife.com/forum/topics/1978963:Topic:14103

Siham Abdel-naby
@siham-abdel-naby
04/27/14 11:43:36AM
3 posts

Thank you so much Ben, I will read through the links to learn more before buying.

Siham

Giuseppe Di Chiano
@giuseppe-fbm
04/29/14 03:36:46AM
11 posts

Hi Siham,

the question is not which is the right tempering machine size but what are you planning to do. I mean: kind of product and/or productivity.

Every machine has its own price, for sure, but, if you want a continuous tempering machine you will find useful also the accessories that allow a good range of products. Normally the bigger is the machine the easier is to add new accessories. Furthermore different capcacity (machine size) different production rate.

I would say, first of all, do you want a continuous tempering machine or a batch machine?

Then: variaty of products (example:molding and enorbing / bars and pralines), and how many products and chocolate per day or month.

Giuseppe

Siham Abdel-naby
@siham-abdel-naby
04/29/14 09:17:48PM
3 posts

Hi Giuseppe,

I would like to purchase my first tempering machine to use at home for molds and enrobing.

A batch machine that is big enough to shell 4-8 molds/ batch.

I am thinking of chocovision rev 2 1.5 lb capacity or ACMC tabletop 6 lb capacity. A big difference in the capacity for almost the same price. Also, I am not sure if I should start with chocovision mini or rev 1, same capacity of rev 2 for half the price!

Thanks,

Siham

Giuseppe Di Chiano
@giuseppe-fbm
04/30/14 03:46:08AM
11 posts

Siham,

unfortunatly I am not so experienced with batch tempering machines. I work in a company that can produce continuous tempering machines.

The main difference is that heating and cooling (in one word: tempering chocolate) are made contemporary, in a continuous temperer. While in a batch temperer you have to melt and then temper. For what I know (because till 2003 we used to produce one batch tempering unit), you have to use the tempered chocolate in a determined time to be able not to loose the tempering curve. While in conotuous system, chocolate that is not used go back into the melting bowl and it is heated again.

Batch tempering machine are, in general, less expansive than continuous. I am not sure this difference in price is kept if you start considering the enrobing features too.

Again, everything depends on you. Your production (continuous temperer are more productive) but budget too.

Giuseppe

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores