Greetings & White Chocolate Lithophanes (Greyscale white chocolate photographs)

William Miller
@william-miller
06/20/14 04:28:53PM
2 posts

Hi Everyone,

I am a chocolate newbie but find chocolate production and chocolate mold making a creative interest that is rewarding when your idea comes to fruition especially if it puts a smile on someone's face and makes them feel good eating the chocolate.

With some trial & error I found some luck making white chocolate lithophanes that look stunning. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to collaborate in some fashion. My site is www.chocopic.com and I have presented at the Miami Fine Food, Beverage & Chocolate Show held last March.

I am in the Miami area and will travel as a consultant to get you started doing this. My problem was tempering the white chocolate as I was getting inconsistent results even with a tempering machine ;-(

Attached is a white chocolate lithophane of a jaguar (the darkness and lightness is determined by the chocolate thickness). All lithophanes rely on the material's translucent properties which white chocolate possesses.

I look forward to hearing from you more experienced chocolatiers and would smile if I could make chocolate my livelihood.

Let's network somehow.

Sincerely,

Bill Miller

updated by @william-miller: 04/14/15 04:30:05AM
Adriennne Henson
@adriennne-henson
06/28/14 11:21:12AM
32 posts

I just went on your site and that is cool

I don't make chocolate but eat it

you may need a very good tasting white chocolate bar or one with much cocoa butter

I don't know this end too well

William Miller
@william-miller
06/29/14 11:21:22AM
2 posts

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks for thinking it is cool! Yes, I make it with really tasty white chocolate about 34% cocoa butter. What do you mean by you don't know if this end too well?

Cheers,

Bill

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores