Need your opion and insight..

Stephane Laviolette
@stephane-laviolette
08/18/14 11:24:04AM
15 posts

Hi, About 6 weeks ago I opened up a chocolate kiosk within a very popular candy store, now what I taught would be smooth sailing has proven to be a real challenge.. I am restricted to 160sq/ft production and retail space.

I am offering a bit of everything.. molded products, truffles, dipped products and a whole lot of chocolate bars

Now I am debating what to do with my truffles.. I think my price point is a bit too high but I am also debating how I will continue to sell them.. right now I have a selection of 21 truffles in a non refrigerated display case that sits on my counter.. I don't sell that many, people coming in are not looking to buy chocolates in the first place so i sell only a few here and there, they are more attracted to my fancy and off the wall chocolate bar flavors.. I am wondering if I would not just be better off to eliminate the case and pack the truffles in mixed chocolate boxes and stop selling by unit.. and gain back some counter space for faster selling items.

Anyone else has dropped selling truffles by the unit and just went pre packaged ? If I had a ton of space i would continue but right now the amount I am selling anyways doesn't feel like it is making good use of that counter.. comments ? ideas ?

updated by @stephane-laviolette: 04/12/15 06:01:03AM
garay more
@garay-more
08/21/14 09:15:37AM
7 posts

i am a cocoa farmer from east africa, and i am able to supply any quantity of cocoa bean requested Contact me soonest if interested lopezmariam3@gmail.com

Stephane Laviolette
@stephane-laviolette
08/21/14 09:24:15AM
15 posts

I was looking for comments and opinions and comments.. not cocoa beans LOL

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
08/21/14 10:24:00AM
194 posts

I think you should concentrate on what is selling. Sounds like you know what you should do:)

Stephane Laviolette
@stephane-laviolette
08/21/14 10:28:06AM
15 posts

I think I do.. but I am worried about making a bad decision..

but more and more I think that to stop selling truffles by unit is the way to go.. I will only offer them in mixed boxes, and I am looking at doing some wine pairings with a local wine shop and create custom truffles that will be sold in pre packaged boxes of 2 and 4.

basically I wanted to see if anyone else went this route.. and do not offer truffles traditionally in a case..

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores