Chocolate in Tuscany?

Indulgence Chocolatiers
@indulgence-chocolatiers
09/07/08 15:27:42
1 posts
My wife and I are headed to Florence and Siena, Italy in a couple weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to find quality chocolate? Thanks for any recommendations.
updated by @indulgence-chocolatiers: 04/14/15 18:35:56
Diane2
@diane2
09/11/08 14:32:17
4 posts
I visited a few chocolatiers in Tuscany. I would recommend Andrea Biachini in Florence, Paul DeBondt outside Pisa, Simone DiCastro, Vestri Chocolates in Arezza, Slitti in Montemurro, and Roberto Catanari, and Luca Minnori in Pistoia. Hope this helps. BTW, there are a number of Italian Chocolatiers who will be at the Chocolate Show NY in November, another opportunity to see them.Have a Great Trip, it is a beautiful country!Diane
Clay Gordon
@clay
09/16/08 15:03:12
1,680 posts
This pretty much is the who's who of chocolate in the area.Roberto Catinari is the acknowledged pioneer of Tuscan chocolate and should be considered numero uno on the list.Via Provinciale, 378; Agliana;39-0574-718-506; www.robertocatinari.it Paul DeBondt is probably the best-known of the chocolatiers aside from Amedei. While I enjoy Amedei's chocolates I have never been impressed with the confections they make.DeBondtPisa (main shop)Lungarno Pacinotti, 5;39-050-316-0073; www.debondtchocolate.com AmedeiPontadera (outside Pisa) www.amedei.it As for the rest - all have very good reputations at home and abroad. Slitti is best known as a coffee roaster. I have heard that they've opened up a shop next to the factory and offer classes.SlittiVia Francesca Sud, 1268;Monsummano Terme;39-0572-640-240; www.slitti.it

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores