Finished tempering question

Bryan
@bryan
10/31/14 05:01:24PM
21 posts
I have a minrev tempering machine and I was using it during the summer months. It seemed that my chocolate would still come out soft and would melt very quickly to the touch. So then I tried the microwave method and the chocolatee still seems to melt very fast when I pick it up. And it seems to be dull as well. Would these problems have anything to do with the chocolate I am using callebaut? Or is my tempering technique wrong ?
updated by @bryan: 04/09/15 10:11:32PM
Larry2
@larry2
11/01/14 07:39:09PM
110 posts

It sounds like tempering. Your chocolate can come out of temper as it sets if the room is not cold enough or is too cold.

Could you reply with the temperatures you are using? i.e. melt the chcocolate to xxx, add seed, cool to xx degrees, the room is xx degrees.

You could also add air movement.

Reading the little dipper manual would be helpful. discussions/1-1000/90-LITTLEDIPPERanalog.pdf

yes, I realize you are using a minirev. There is a lot of very valuable information about chocolate quality in general you can glean from the little dipper instructions.

Thanks,

Larry

Bryan
@bryan
11/01/14 08:20:22PM
21 posts
LarryWith the mini rev it doesn't display temperature. It just tells you when to seed after the chocolate melts. I am going to upgrade to the rev 2 that has a temperature display and you can adjust it.
Larry2
@larry2
11/02/14 12:10:38AM
110 posts
Check it with a thermometer. That will help you sort out why the chocolate is being finicky.
Bryan
@bryan
11/02/14 01:56:59AM
21 posts
What are the ideal temps for milk chocolate? I keep reading different numbers.Also do you use the Little Dipper? I am trying to find a decent temper machine under 600

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores